Sunday, June 29, 2014

Anything goes and something new

This is my card for another challenge at Simon Say Stamp.

As I'm still on sort of watercolor kick so I've created this card using this particular technique and Distress Inks (Barn Door, Peacock Feathers and Dusty Concord).


I've decided also to try something new on this card. I've tried printing on vellum and heat embossing it.
Kind of surprised that it worked but it did. All you need to do is act quickly and add embossing powder as soon as the vellum comes out of the printer. I think this is not the last time I'll be using this idea :)

Anyway to attach the vellum to the card I've used machine stitching and because this creates a nice pocket I've added few sequins to the inside. Adding few for the outside too creates fun illusion when you shake the card - as if they were moving too :) Try it.

For the inside I've used very pale splotches of inks and machine stitching as well.


Thanks for reading,
elleth


2 comments:

Heather said...

A beautiful card - your printing and heat embossing on the vellum is stunning and so pretty with the lovely sequins!!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

WiKKori said...

Ciekawy pomysł z tymi cekinami. Trochę jak sukienka z płatkami w tiulu Marty S.
--a przede wszystkim motto warte zapamiętania--

Post a Comment

 
;