Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mother's Day and felt flowers

I've made this card for my Mom for Mother's Day (which in Poland is on May 26th).
The idea was to make the whole white, using the colors only for flowers, allowing them to pop.

To make the all-white card interesting I've needed to use a lot of texture and dimension. For the background I've used translucent structure paste over stencil. And for the rest of the card I've used lots of die cut layers both from cardstock and vellum.


Now this flowers are my newest addiction. They're so fun to make and look so cute. I saw them a while ago on Jennifer McGuire blog (and, of course, I can't find the post right now :-/) and loved the idea so much that I needed to try them myself. Now I have full box of them ready to be changed into hair accessories or card embellishments.


Also, I like to enter this card for the challenge at Simon Says Stamp blog. Challenge was to use dies. My card uses Nellie's Choice circle dies and Joy Crafts flower dies.
The sentiment is a combination from two stamps from Agateria.

Hope you like it.
elleth

1 comments:

cheiron said...

Just gorgeous! Love your felt flowers. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Die Crazy Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Post a Comment

 
;